probably the most frequent question : lapack in c++?

Open discussion regarding features, bugs, issues, vendors, etc.

probably the most frequent question : lapack in c++?

Postby Klaas » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:17 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry if I annoy you with this questions, which is to my opinnion one of the frequent asked questions but surfing the net I did not find a solution which could help me.

The problem is the following, I need to invert a 500x500 complex matrix which is hermitian.

For this I wanted to use the lapack libraries with the hope that I would understand how to use the lapack.a library in c++. I have been searching for small tutorials how to do it, and found lots of them, but unforunately i was never able to compile the example programs themself. I always obtained errors of the order
undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write'the order
and much more like these.

After searching and trying for 2 days, i gave up and programed my own cholesky decomposition using the numerical receipes, but those faile for large matrices.

Can somebody help me out here, that would be great.

thanks in advance
Klaas

Postby Klaas » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:52 pm

Okay, that was a bit stupid from me. I have been working arround now and downloaded the complete set of CLAPACK and compiled it. Still having some troubles with the ATLAS thing to link it (compiling time took over 6 hours and I don't trust it ;-))

So actually my problem is solved.

Thanks anyway, I have another problem, posting soon
Klaas

Postby lapreste » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:41 am

hello,

As you may have seen I posted a message about a C C++ wrapper to the lapack calls. Also I am writing a matrix library called nt2 with a still higher level (but limited) interface to LAPACK. It will be posted soon under source forge. If you are interested I can send you a preversion.

J. T. Lapresté
lapreste

Return to User Discussion