LAPACK INSTALLATION

Open discussion regarding features, bugs, issues, vendors, etc.

LAPACK INSTALLATION

Postby EsmeraldaRuiz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:21 am

Hello, I am new in LAPACK and I have a question. I am using windows and visual c++ 2008 express.
I don't have the intel fortran compiler so I have installed a trial and used the cmake to get the
bin of the library. But the problem is that I get this error:

CMake Error at C:/Programme/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestFortranCompiler.cmake:40 (MESSAGE):
The Fortran compiler "ifort" is not able to compile a simple test program.

I checked in google and says that the express version is not compatible with the intel fortran compiler.
Is there another way to install the library?. I am doing my phd in a hospital university and I
can't force them to buy license. I think If there is not another chance I will program in
linux that all those softwares are free but I wanted to ask before changing because I am more used
to visual c++.

Thanks
EsmeraldaRuiz

Re: LAPACK INSTALLATION

Postby admin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Actually, there is a pb in CMAKE, and for the INTEL Fortran compiler, you want to put the C compiler instead.
From http://icl.cs.utk.edu/lapack-for-window ... html#build
you can see that I put icl and not ifort.
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/048/bin/ia32/icl.exe"
Julie
admin
Site Admin

Postby EsmeraldaRuiz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:08 am

Hello, thanks for your answer. I just checked this directory and I didn't find icl.exe. In my directory ( C:\Programme\Intel\Compiler\11.1\065\bin\ia32)
fort.exe appears.

Thanks
EsmeraldaRuiz

Postby admin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 am

So you may want to download the Intel C compiler for Windows or you just can use the prebuilt libraries directly in your Intel Fortran project.
admin
Site Admin

Postby EsmeraldaRuiz » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:56 am

Thanks I installed the intel c++ compiler and I was able to generate and build the project and the test passed correctly.
I generated 3 libs (lapack.lib blas.lib tmglib.lib) but the INSTALL directory was not
in the workspace. I have added them to my project in additional libraries in Visual c++ and I have
a link error.

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _dgesvd_ referenced in function "void __cdecl eig(int,double * *,double * *,int,int,double *)" (?eig@@YAXHPAPAN0HHPAN@Z)
1>C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Ruiz\Desktop\ESMERALDA\SegmentFinal\Debug\SegmentFinal.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Could it be because I haven't installed gotoblas before and
libgoto_banias-r1.26.li is missing ? I thought I would get them in the build step.

Thanks for your help !!.
EsmeraldaRuiz

Postby EsmeraldaRuiz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:06 am

Hello, I have already solved it, I explain the solution in case someone has the same doublt.

The problem I have is that I am using the DGESV of lapack, I am still waiting for the
link of installation of gotoblas and the fortran file for this file is in upper case.
well you just write them like:

extern "C" void DGESV(const int *N, const int *nrhs, double *A, const int *lda, int
*ipiv, double *b, const int *ldb, int *info);

and call like that:

DGESV(&N, &nrhs, A, &lda, ipiv, b, &ldb, &info);

You also change to Multi-threaded Debug (/MTd) or Multi-threaded (/MT) and
the example of http://www.cs.rochester.edu/~bh/cs400/using_lapack.html
should work. But anyway I will wait for my link to gotoblas to download it.

And you have to choose the Intel C++ Compiler pro. This part I don't
understand. Can I use the visual c++ compiler?. If I change it have some
errors.

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'ifconsol.lib'

I think it´s due to the fortran lib.

Well I am going to try with my project.

Bye !!
EsmeraldaRuiz

Postby EsmeraldaRuiz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:23 am

ok, I answer myself. I didn't have installed the redistributable libraries for the visual fortran.
I got it according to my version:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/article ... r-windows/

And just the tipical way:

In C++ -> General -> Additional include directories: add
C:\Programme\Intel\Compiler\11.1\067\include\ia32

In Linker --> General --> Additional Library directories: add C:\Programme\Intel\Compiler\11.1\067\lib\ia32

Now it's possible to use the visual c++ compiler not just the intel c++ compiler !!.

See u !!
EsmeraldaRuiz

Postby viktorlee27 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi~All,why I got a cmake compile error"The Fortran compiler "ifort" is not able to compile a simple test program. "I just used C:/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Compiler/11.1/048/bin/ia32/icl.exe as fortran compiler.And there is an another message " The selected project was created by a later version of Intel Visual Fortran". I installed visual fortran before.But I looked up your disscussion and uninstall it.Now I used intel C++ compiler.Can u tell me how to do with it?Thanks
viktorlee27

Postby sarah14 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:55 pm

How i Installing LAPACK on a Unix System ? i cant edit my LAPACK/Makefile file can you help me if you please ?
sarah14

Return to User Discussion