Do I need to write a script to convert to the block-cyclic f

Open discussion regarding features, bugs, issues, vendors, etc.

Do I need to write a script to convert to the block-cyclic f

Postby sket16 » Sat May 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi,

We need to solve linear systems with both dense matrices and tri-diagonal matrices on a cluster and I have been reading the SLUG for a week. My understanding is that to solve a linear system with Ax=b using ScaLAPACK, I need to store the entire matrix A in a node, convert A to the 2-D block cyclic form, and pass the submatrices to PDGESV_.

Writing a script to convert a matrix to its 2-D block-cyclic form is not difficult, but could be error-prone. My question is, is there a C/FORTRAN code that handle this task? Could such a function be made as a part of ScaLapack auxilliary functions?

Thank you for any comment/pointer.

Kevin
sket16

Re: Do I need to write a script to convert to the block-cycl

Postby admin » Mon May 23, 2011 2:58 am

Kevin,
you can take a look here: http://www.netlib.org/lapack-dev/old/example-codes.html
It should help you started.
Julie
admin
Site Admin

Re: Do I need to write a script to convert to the block-cycl

Postby sket16 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Thank you, Julie. These examples answer my question. There is no need to directly manipulate the global matrix and convert it to the block-cyclic form. Instead, the global to local and local to global index conversions are handled automatically by infog2l and infol2g (helper functions), the processor index and the global matrix descriptors.
sket16

Return to User Discussion