transfer functions - differentiation - integral

Open discussion regarding features, bugs, issues, vendors, etc.

transfer functions - differentiation - integral

Postby _name_b » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:49 am

hi all

for a project in c++ i need a library to use transfer functions (in laplace domain), first order differentiation (with euler) and definite integration, i.e. i need a library for signal functions. further, i need a linear algebra library for matrix - vector operations.

during my search i have found that lapack has a great c library for linear algebra operations. but what about other mathematical functions?

having a look at http://www.netlib.org/master_counts2.html i thought maybe there is a library that i can manage to use all needed functions.

or isn't it possible to find a combined library for those operaions? what kind of libraries would you suggest?

thanks in advance
_name_b

Re: transfer functions - differentiation - integral

Postby admin » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:53 am

LAPACK and BLAS will only help you with your linear algebra library for matrix - vector operations.
You can have a look at the LAPACK Users Guide for more information (http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lug/)
admin
Site Admin

Postby _name_b » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:43 am

hi again
we decided to use clapack for only linear algebra functions whilce converting a huge project from matlab into c++.
thus i solved the problem by coding each transfer function on my own with c++.
however we still search for some operations that we easily do with matlab.
".*" is one of them. in a previous topic it is advised to implement "element-wise product" or "element-wise division" manually instead of doing this with clapack.
and i couldn't find a clapack function for matrix addition (C=A+B) and matrix concatenation (C = [A B]). is there a method for these functions? or again is it better to code them manually?
_name_b

Postby Julien Langou » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:00 am

".*" is one of them. in a previous topic it is advised to implement "element-wise product" or "element-wise division" manually instead of doing this with clapack.
and i couldn't find a clapack function for matrix addition (C=A+B) and matrix concatenation (C = [A B]). is there a method for these functions? or again is it better to code them manually?

There is no such function neither in BLAS nor in LAPACK. Those three functions are each two simple loops. The compiler should optimize a hand-written code reasonably well. (So, yes, you need to code them yourself.) Julien.
Julien Langou

Return to User Discussion