LAPACKE - DGELS example in user guide

Open discussion regarding features, bugs, issues, vendors, etc.

LAPACKE - DGELS example in user guide

Postby JennieEnglish » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi, all. I'm a complete novice, and am squirming around in the quicksand, making things worse, I'm sure. I have used LAPACK with BLAS in the past, but I've forgotten it all by now. :oops:

I've tried to make LAPACK and LAPACKE, and then to compile the DGELS calling program given on page 7 of the LAPACKE user guide (which I've called call_dgels.c). I was initially getting an error about not having libblas.a anywhere, so I got a copy from a random place and have put it in lapack-3.4.0 (I'm not sure this is the right place, or right thing to do at all), remade lapack-3.4.0 and lapacke, and tried again to compile call_dgels.c with:

gcc -o call_dgels -I/home/userName/preprocessing/lapack-3.4.0/lapacke/include/ call_dgels.c /home/userName/preprocessing/lapack-3.4.0/lapacke/lapacke.a /home/userName/preprocessing/lapack-3.4.0/liblapack.a /home/userName/preprocessing/lapack-3.4.0/liblapack.a /home/userName/preprocessing/lapack-3.4.0/libblas.a -lm

but I get the following error message:

/home/userName/preprocessing/lapack-3.4.0/liblapack.a(dgels.o): In function `dgels_':
dgels.f:(.text+0xe0c): undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memset'
dgels.f:(.text+0x1058): undefined reference to `_intel_fast_memset'

What stupid thing have I done (or not done)?

Thanks, and sorry for my daftness.
JennieEnglish

Return to User Discussion