eigenvalues with pzlahqr

Open discussion regarding features, bugs, issues, vendors, etc.

Re: eigenvalues with pzlahqr

Postby anto_n » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:08 am

Ok, thank you. I installed the last version of SCALAPACK (2.0.2) but I have always the same problem. The spectrum of eigenvalues obtained with pzlahqr doesn't match fully with the one obtained in the scalar case with zgees (there are few eigenvalues found with pzlahqr that aren't correct). Moreover changing the dimension of blocking the spectrum changes slightly finding, however, any eigenvalues that are wrong. Can you help me?
anto_n

Postby anto_n » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:40 am

I want report another aspect. Reading the notes of pzlahqr I have seen that "If the parameter WANTZ is true on entry Z must contain the current matrix Z of trasformations accumulated by PCHSEQR" but this routine is not present in the SCALAPACK routines. Furthermore is said that "This code has only been tested for WANTZ =.TRUE. and may behave unpredictably for WANTZ set to .FALSE.". But how is possible using the routine pzlahqr with parameter wantz set to true if doesn't exist the routine pchseqr? Thank you in advance for your help.
anto_n

Postby Julien Langou » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:53 am

The Nonsymmetric Eigenvalue test suite is not completed. Some routines are missing indeed. This is the case for P[C/Z]HSEQR. Julien.
Julien Langou

Postby anto_n » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:40 am

Thank you Julien for the information. Then my problem with pzlahqr is also related to not completeness of test suite?
anto_n

Postby Julien Langou » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:45 am

Indeed.
Julien Langou

Postby anto_n » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:54 am

Ok, I got it. Thanks again. Now I know that is not a problem of my code but a more general problem.
Bye,
Antonio.
anto_n

Previous

Return to User Discussion