new install, zcomplex testing fails

Post here if you have a question about the installation process

new install, zcomplex testing fails

Postby freddieG » Sat May 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi all,
I'm a new lapack user, or trying to be.

I run Slackware 14.1 linux with 3 - 3.5 GB memory (32-bit install), on a dell xps-410 dual-core machine. It is capable of 64-bits but I chose to install Slack with 32 bits. It has gfortran 4.8.2 installed, gcc same version.

I've downloaded lapack-3.5.0 (tgz), unpacked, and run the canned makefile (selecting the librefblas.a to be made) that came with it. I'm a newbie to 'make' as well.

The process completed, creating three libs (liblapack.a, librefblas.a, libtgmlib.a) without reporting errors, UNTIL the test at the end. The test reported a segmentation fault with one of the z-complex routines, and quit.

I've re-run the python script 'lapack_testing.py -r' and it succeeds with single, double, and complex precisions. But it bombs on most of the routines in 'z'. Being a newbie, I'm wondering if this is some simple problem that has been handled before, but I don't find it by searching.
The output does not give much diagnostic information, and not in the testing_results.txt either. All it says for several of the z-routines is,

' Testing COMPLEX16 .... segmentation fault, ./xeigtstz < xxx.in > xxx.out FAILED / did not work...' - all of them with xeigtsz.

Then it says, on a new line,

' Testing COMPLEX16 ...Linear Equation Routines [ xlintstz ....] passed...'

which I take to mean a test from a different section than 'eig'.

Then for two more routines it cannot find the executable (never created?) 'xlintstzc' and fails. That is all of the test output for Complex16.

Is there something simple that I am missing here? Surely gfortran on this dual-core dell xps-410 can handle complex 16? All of the complex 16 source code compiled ok.

Thanks for any tips.

Fred
freddieG

Re: new install, zcomplex testing fails

Postby admin » Sun May 17, 2015 1:59 pm

This is unusual, something should be wrong in the flags... could you force 32 bits with the -m32 flag?
Otherwise I would try to get the LAPACK library from your linux distribution.
admin
Site Admin

Re: new install, zcomplex testing fails

Postby admin » Sun May 17, 2015 2:00 pm

This is unusual, something should be wrong in the flags... could you force 32 bits with the -m32 flag?
Otherwise I would try to get the LAPACK library from your linux distribution.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Installation