Compiling Scalapack as shared library

Post here if you have a question about the installation process

Compiling Scalapack as shared library

Postby tbetcke » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:52 am

I tried to compile Scalapack 2.01 as shared library on MacOS Lion. But both, the cmake script and trying to do it manually, lead to the linking error
ld: duplicate symbol _cmpcol_ in CMakeFiles/scalapack.dir/SRC/pcheevr.f.o and CMakeFiles/scalapack.dir/SRC/pssyevr.f.o for architecture x86_64
Indeed, both files contain the same function CMPCOL.

Timo
tbetcke

Re: Compiling Scalapack as shared library

Postby admin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi, we corrected that problem in our SVN repository, but this has not been released yet.
You can access our SVN repository at
Code: Select all
svn co https://icl.cs.utk.edu/svn/scalapack-dev/scalapack/trunk

And thank you for your post, because we never tested the CMAKE shared library support with ScaLAPACK and I just found out that the CMAKE configuration was missing a line.
I just tried on my machine and it seems to work fine, let me know how it goes for you.
Any feedback on the cmake configuration is appreciated.
Julie
admin
Site Admin

Re: Compiling Scalapack as shared library

Postby tbetcke » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:27 am

Dear Julie,

thanks it is working now with the SVN version. One small issue with the cmake script is the selection of BLAS/Lapack libraries. I am using MKL on Mac.
However, the cmake script first defaults to the Accelerate Framework on Mac. After deleting and reconfiguring it defaults to veclib, and then after one more deleting and reconfiguring to libblas.dylib. First after deleting this entry and reconfiguring it shows the possibility to configure MKL.

It may be easier to just show two options for BLAS and Lapack, which have to be filled in by the user, instead of having cmake find multiple possible libraries.

Best wishes

Timo
tbetcke

Return to Installation