Name mangling problem

Post here if you have a question about linking your program with LAPACK or ScaLAPACK library

Name mangling problem

Postby bork999 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:59 am

I have built the LAPACK for Windows libraries using mingw (gfortran), following the instructions on your site under the heading Easy Windows Build. When I try to use LAPACK functions from MSVC 2008 (using boost's numeric bindings for LAPACK), however, I run in to problems when trying to link my code against the LAPACK libraries. The linker complains about unresolved external symbols for the LAPACK functions (e.g. error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _dgesv_ referenced in function "void __cdecl boost::numeric::bindings::lapack::detail::gesv(int,int,double *,int,int *,double *,int,int *)"). The dgesv function is exported as dgesv_ from mingw, but MSVC insists on calling it through _dgesv_, despite the fact that dgesv_ is declared as extern "C" in the relevant numeric bindings header file. I gone down lots of dead ends trying to fix this problem, but it seems like I am unable to resolve this. Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this?
bork999

Return to Linking Problem