Using a tip provided by Ed Anderson, I set "ILAENV = 0" for ISPEC = 10 and 11, in each of the five copies of ilaenv.f. I also used -fpe0 with the compiler. Now , everything compiles and passes all TESTING.
However, it only passes single and double in TIMING.
In complex it fails with xlintimc < ctime.in > ctime.out 2>&1. The error occurs, I think in slasda.f, which is at the bottom of a long series of calls starting in ctimls or ctimlq, procedding then to cgelsd, cgebrd, cunmbr, clalsd and slasda.
In complex16 the failure appears to be in dlasdq, starting with a call to zgesdd, zgebrd, dbdsdc, dlasd0 and then dlasdq. Here it fails because one of the members of arry D is less than the safe minimum. I believe a similar problem was reported by anothere problem earlier.
If more information is needed to resolve these two issues, I will be happy to oblige - including access to my machine.