Magma testing_dgemm program problem

Open discussion for MAGMA

Magma testing_dgemm program problem

Postby cobrabb » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:30 am

Hi,
I am trying to work with Magma. I successfully installed it. At least, it reported no error messages when I installed it.

However, when I run testing_dgemm, I get magma error values of 100%. I would assume that this means that the magma array specified in the test code is zeroed out upon return.

Once again, I am getting no error messages, either in installation or in the running of the test file. Also, I don't believe that it is a problem with the machine, as one of my colleagues has it running perfectly on the same machine.

Thanks in advance,
Jacob
cobrabb

Re: Magma testing_dgemm program problem

Postby mgates3 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Please copy & paste the complete input (i.e., command line) & output of your testing_dgemm run, as well as your make.inc file and any environment variables (e.g., GPU_TARGET) you may have set.

Do you get similar errors with testing_sgemm (single precision)?

-mark
mgates3

Postby cobrabb » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Thanks for the help.

When you asked me to post my make.inc, I looked at it one more time, and I figured that I might as well try targeting all architectures.

When I did that, the problem disappeared. I thought that I had the correct architecture targeted, but apparently not.
cobrabb

Postby mgates3 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:09 pm

Okay.

Other testers (e.g., testing_dgetrf) would output info about your actual device and warn if it wasn't supported by the GPU_TARGET you chose. This check was inadvertently left out of the testing_*gemm files, which has been fixed for the next release.

-mark
mgates3

Return to User discussion