Build Magma on Windows 7

Open discussion for MAGMA library (Matrix Algebra on GPU and Multicore Architectures)

Build Magma on Windows 7

Postby TripleS » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:04 am

Hey

I'm trying to build magma on Windows 7 system, Unfortunately I'm getting very difficult doing so.

1st, Is that possible to use Magma pre-build binaries for windows instead of building the library from scratch ?

2nd, I'm trying to build Magma using the CMake, I keep on getting the following error message:

Cmake Error at CmakeLists.txt:3 (projects):
No CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER could be found

I'd like to know which kind of compiler shall I use ?

I have download the gcc compilation tool, I tried to set the environment variable
"FC" --> "C:\mingw32\bin\gfortran.exe

Still didn't work.

Second thing I tried to do is to download the Intel 2013 composer in order to get the fortran compiler, it still didn't work.

Any help would be very appreciated
TripleS

Re: Build Magma on Windows 7

Postby tlyons » Sun May 15, 2016 7:41 am

I have now done this a couple of times. No real problems. However, it is critical that you do everything inside the appropriate dos/command window provided by intel. By that I mean everything, load cmake from it, start the solution in vs2013 from it,.... (I use the vs2013 x64 environment - you will find all the choices under the intel items in the windows / programmes/ menu). I sometimes run this command window as administrator.
tlyons

Return to User discussion