compiling Fortran example with ifort

Open discussion for MAGMA library (Matrix Algebra on GPU and Multicore Architectures)

compiling Fortran example with ifort

Postby marty3 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:17 pm

I'm new to Magma, and perhaps my mistake is too simple. I'm just using the example at the moment, not testing.

I used make.inc.mkl-icc to compile Magma. No issues there.

In the example directory, I changed the Makefile to use icc and ifort, and commented out the openblas parts. It all works for the C examples, but the Fortran example doesn't even compile:
Code: Select all
ifort   -I../include -Dmagma_devptr_t="integer(kind=8)" -c -o example_f.o example_f.F90
example_f.F90(35): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [COMPLEX]
                        A(i,j) = complex( re, im )
---------------------------------^
example_f.F90(172): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [EXAMPLE_F]
        use example_f
------------^
compilation aborted for example_f.F90 (code 1)

Any thoughts? Just for testing, I installed openblas and compiled Magma using make.inc.openblas on the side. The example worked just fine for that case using gfortran and openblas. Ultimately I need to be using ifort.
marty3

Re: compiling Fortran example with ifort

Postby marty3 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:31 pm

I thought it was a Magma thing. Never occurred to me that complex() just works in one compiler and not the other. My bad.
marty3

Re: compiling Fortran example with ifort

Postby mgates3 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks for raising this issue. We'll look into making that code more portable across compilers.
-mark
mgates3

Return to User discussion