using magma in fortran

Open discussion for MAGMA library (Matrix Algebra on GPU and Multicore Architectures)

using magma in fortran

Postby sylvian » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi

I am trying to make a project "testing_cgetrf_gpu.f" using the existing fortran file "testing_cgetrf_gpu_f.F90".

This file has a statement "use magma" that is it expects to find in some place a "magma.mod" file. I produced the full magma solutions (538 projects) using cmake + Visual Studio 13 and there is not a "magma.mod" file in any place.

So ?
sylvian

Re: using magma in fortran

Postby mgates3 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Did you check "Use Fortran" in CMake when compiling MAGMA? If so, on Windows, I don't know where the Fortran compiler would put the .mod file, or even if it is called .mod. All our Fortran testing has been on Linux & MacOS. The .mod files are in control, and then we move them to include.

If you didn't check "Use Fortran", then the F90 interfaces will not compiled.

On the other hand, the Fortran wrappers are actually written in C, so they should be compiled. You can call them as F77 functions without the "use magma". Or you can get the F90 interfaces from magma/control/magma_*fortran.F90. Those need magma_devptr_t to be defined, e.g., as the compiler flag -Dmagma_devptr_t="integer(kind=8)" for 8-byte (64-bit) pointers.

-mark
mgates3

Return to User discussion