clMagma and odd error message

Open discussion for MAGMA library (Matrix Algebra on GPU and Multicore Architectures)

clMagma and odd error message

Postby dlchopp » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi,

I've built the clBLAS from the clMath package, and also built clMagma v. 1.3 on a Mac Pro with AMD cards. Was attempting to do a simple test with magma_dgesv_gpu to see if I could get it to work. Good news is that it returns the correct value, but it also pops up with an odd error message: "Error querying for program binary sizes". Any ideas where that might be coming from? Is it a concern? The same thing pops up with the testing_dgesv.cpp file in the test suite. Thanks...

D
dlchopp

Re: clMagma and odd error message

Postby mgates3 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:14 pm

This appears to be in clBLAS. It can cache on disk the OpenCL binaries that are generated at runtime, saving substantial time. I don't know what the effects of the error are.

Code: Select all
mint ~/src/clBLAS-2.12> grep 'Error querying for program binary sizes' -r .
Binary file ./src/build/library/CMakeFiles/clBLAS.dir/blas/generic/binary_lookup.cc.o matches
Binary file ./src/build/library/libclBLAS.2.12.0.dylib matches
Binary file ./src/build/library/tools/tune/CMakeFiles/tune.dir/__/__/blas/generic/binary_lookup.cc.o matches
Binary file ./src/build/staging/clBLAS-tune matches
./src/library/blas/generic/binary_lookup.cc:        std::cerr << "Error querying for program binary sizes" << std::endl;

-mark
mgates3

Re: clMagma and odd error message

Postby dlchopp » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Thanks, I didn't think about it being in there. I'll take the question over to them to see what they say.
dlchopp

Return to User discussion