cublasStatus error compiling Magma

Open discussion for MAGMA

cublasStatus error compiling Magma

Postby luiceur » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:58 am

I am compiling Magma with cuda 4.2. I have done it already on different machines and I did not face this problem. Any ideas?

g++ -O3 -DADD_ -fopenmp -DUNIX -w -DHAVE_CUBLAS -DGPUSHMEM=200 -I/usr/local/cuda/include -I../include -I../control -I~/cula/include/cula -c zgessm_gpu.cpp -o zgessm_gpu.o
zgessm_gpu.cpp: In function ‘magma_int_t magma_zgessm_gpu(char, magma_int_t, magma_int_t, magma_int_t, magma_int_t, magma_int_t*, cuDoubleComplex*, magma_int_t, cuDoubleComplex*, magma_int_t, cuDoubleComplex*, magma_int_t, magma_int_t*)’:
zgessm_gpu.cpp:109: error: ‘cublasStatus’ was not declared in this scope
zgessm_gpu.cpp:109: error: expected `;' before ‘status’
zgessm_gpu.cpp:109: error: ‘status’ was not declared in this scope
zgessm_gpu.cpp:142: error: ‘cublasStatus’ was not declared in this scope
zgessm_gpu.cpp:142: error: expected `;' before ‘status’
zgessm_gpu.cpp:142: error: ‘status’ was not declared in this scope
luiceur

Re: cublasStatus error compiling Magma

Postby mgates3 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:23 pm

This is with the latest version, Magma 1.2.1?
Can you pre-process the file, to see what the compiler is actually seeing? Several macros seem to be obscuring the code. That is, replace -c with -E and the output file from .o to .i

cd src
g++ -O3 -DADD_ -fopenmp -DUNIX -w -DHAVE_CUBLAS -DGPUSHMEM=200 -I/usr/local/cuda/include -I../include -I../control -I~/cula/include/cula -E zgessm_gpu.cpp -o zgessm_gpu.i

Look in (or post) the zgessm_gpu.i file. It should use cublasStatus_t, not cublasStatus. Something appears to be redefining cublasStatus_t as cublasStatus.

You can also just remove the affected files (*gessm_gpu.cpp, *ssssm_gpu.cpp) from src/Makefile and src/Makefile.src. They are used only in the multi-gpu-dynamic code.

-mark
mgates3

Return to User discussion