undefined reference to symbol 'cudaStreamCreate'

Open discussion for MAGMA

undefined reference to symbol 'cudaStreamCreate'

Postby bravegag » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:09 am

Hello,

I have a CMake project and use Intel MKL, CUDA, CUBLAS and now MAGMA. I am basically trying to use MAGMA as backend for Eigen and already have the first Eigen-MAGMA MMM product integration to test. However I end up with the following error:

Code: Select all
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/cuda-5.0/lib64/libcublas.so: undefined reference to symbol 'cudaStreamCreate'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'cudaStreamCreate' is defined in DSO /usr/local/cuda-5.0/lib64/libcudart.so so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/local/cuda-5.0/lib64/libcudart.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Compiling using "make VERBOSE=1" reveals the link command:

Code: Select all
/usr/bin/c++    -Wall -Wextra -Wshadow -Woverloaded-virtual  -g3 -ggdb3 -fopenmp    CMakeFiles/my_app.dir/main/cpp/algorithm/my_app_main.cc.o  -o my_app_main -rdynamic libalgo_library.a /opt/dev/boost/lib/libboost_filesystem.a /opt/dev/boost/lib/libboost_graph.a /opt/dev/boost/lib/libboost_system.a /opt/dev/boost/lib/libboost_program_options.a /opt/dev/boost/lib/libboost_chrono.a /usr/local/hdf5/lib/libhdf5.so -lz -lrt -ldl -lm /usr/local/cuda-5.0/lib64/libcudart.so -lcuda /usr/local/cuda-5.0/lib64/libcublas.so /opt/dev/magma/1.4.0-beta2/lib/libmagma.a /opt/intel/lib/intel64/libimf.so -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/hdf5/lib:/usr/local/cuda-5.0/lib64:/opt/intel/lib/intel64

Can anyone advice?

TIA,
Best regards,
Giovanni
bravegag

Return to User discussion