MAGMA svn

Open discussion for MAGMA

MAGMA svn

Postby fletchjp » Thu May 31, 2012 5:15 am

There have been a couple of references in the last few days to a MAGMA svn. I have not seen this referred to before, so I don't know whether it has been made available to users. It appear from the mentions that it is being used to accumulate fixes to problems.

If it was made available, it would be possible for users to use it to check that the fixes work in various working environments, which could provide the MAGMA team with feedback to avoid problems with the releases, such as the recent one with missing files. If we were told the release schedule, we could update our copy from svn and check that it works just before a release.

Thank you for your efforts.

John
fletchjp

Re: MAGMA svn

Postby jeremiahpalmer » Thu May 31, 2012 10:56 am

I would be glad to participate in John's idea.
jeremiahpalmer

Re: MAGMA svn

Postby mgates3 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:30 pm

The MAGMA svn is where we internally maintain all source code. I was just mentioning it to say that we had fixed bugs internally and they would be included in the next release. It is somewhat harder to build code straight out of the svn than in the release, so we prefer users to use the release code. (For instance, most of the single, double, and single-complex routines don't exist in the svn, they get generated by a script from the double-complex routine.) The issues with the 1.2 release were related to packing the tar file, i.e., code from the svn compiled correctly.

-mark
mgates3

Return to User discussion