clMagma

Open discussion for MAGMA

clMagma

Postby _Mike_ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 am

Hello all,

I'm new with MAGMA and I would like to test the OpenCL version due to its multiplatform nature. But I'm having some troubles during compilation, therefore I would like to answer if someone have been able to install clmagma-1.0.0 under similar conditions:
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Processor: Intel i7
- Graphic card: Nvidia 210
- BLAS, LAPACK, ATLAS from the ubuntu repositories.

Regarding the corresponding make.inc configuration file is detailed below:
Code: Select all
CC        = g++
NVCC      = nvcc
FORT      = gfortran

ARCH      = ar
ARCHFLAGS = cr
RANLIB    = ranlib

OPTS      = -O0 -DADD_ -g -Wall
FOPTS     = -O0 -DADD_ -g -Wall -x f95-cpp-input
NVOPTS    = -O3 -DADD_ --compiler-options -fno-strict-aliasing -DUNIX
LDOPTS    = -fPIC -Xlinker -zmuldefs

LIB       = /usr/lib/lapack/liblapack.a \
            -llapack_atlas -lcblas -latlas -lf77blas -lm -lf2c -latlas -lOpenCL -lgfortran -lstdc++ -fopenmp -ldl -lgsl

GPUBLAS   = /usr/local/cuda


LIBDIR    = -L/usr/lib/atlas-base \
            -L$(GPUBLAS)/lib64
INC       = -I$(GPUBLAS)/include


I'd appreciate any help, thanks.
_Mike_
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 am

Re: clMagma

Postby mgates3 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Since your GPU is Nvidia, you will probably want to use the CUDA MAGMA version, which is significantly more developed than the clMAGMA version. But if you really want to use clMAGMA, you need to use AMD's clAmdBLAS library (for OpenCL), not Nvidia's CUBLAS library (for CUDA).
-mark
mgates3
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Re: clMagma

Postby _Mike_ » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:33 am

mgates3 wrote:Since your GPU is Nvidia, you will probably want to use the CUDA MAGMA version, which is significantly more developed than the clMAGMA version. But if you really want to use clMAGMA

Yes, that's my case
mgates3 wrote:you need to use AMD's clAmdBLAS library (for OpenCL), not Nvidia's CUBLAS library (for CUDA).

Ok, so that's what I'm doing wrong... thx you very much for your help :)
_Mike_
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 am

Re: clMagma

Postby mb_infn_it » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 am

_Mike_ wrote:Hello all,

I'm new with MAGMA and I would like to test the OpenCL version due to its multiplatform nature. But I'm having some troubles during compilation, therefore I would like to answer if someone have been able to install clmagma-1.0.0 under similar conditions:
- Ubuntu 12.04
- Processor: Intel i7
- Graphic card: Nvidia 210
- BLAS, LAPACK, ATLAS from the ubuntu repositories.


http://icl.cs.utk.edu/magma/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=737
Here is my topic where i posted my make.inc and Makefile.internal files, which i use to compile the library on my environment. As you can see from the thread, my system is similar to yours and i have a complete and running clMAGMA setup on NVIDIA card, but having some troubles as stated in that post (probably, due to some compatibility issues between clAmdBlas and NVIDIA card).

If you need more help on compiling, post here or contact me in pm!
Cheers
mb_infn_it
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 am


Return to User discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest