Two-stage reduction to tridiagonal form

Open discussion for MAGMA

Two-stage reduction to tridiagonal form

Postby alexander_p1987 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi everyone!
In the release notes for magma 1.2 it is written that "Two-stage reduction to tridiagonal form" is available. I read about this function in many presentations and papers, but have no idea how to use it.
Can somebody help me to make it clear how to use this two-stages approach in magma (which function to launch, etc.)?
Thanks for your help,
Alexander
alexander_p1987

Re: Two-stage reduction to tridiagonal form

Postby alexander_p1987 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi again!
It seems that I find out how to work with 2 stages algorithms. One have to use functions that contain _2stage in their names.
But I have another problem: there is an awesome 2 stages and multi gpu function magma_zhegvdx_2stage_m. But it doesn't work. Even file src/zhegvdx_2stage_m.cpp is not compiled while making process. That leads to the result that if USE_MGPU is enabled in testing_zhegvdx_2stage it cant be compiled :
Code: Select all
icpc -fPIC -Xlinker -zmuldefs -DGPUSHMEM=200  testing_zhegvdx_2stage.o  -o testing_zhegvdx_2stage \
libtest.a lin/liblapacktest.a -L../lib -lmagma -lmagmablas -lmagma \
-L/opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/intel64 -L/usr/local/cuda/lib64 \
-lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lpthread -lcublas -lcudart -lm -openmp -lstdc++
testing_zhegvdx_2stage.o: In function `main':
testing_zhegvdx_2stage.cpp:(.text+0x7ff): undefined reference to `magma_zhegvdx_2stage_m'
testing_zhegvdx_2stage.cpp:(.text+0x933): undefined reference to `magma_zhegvdx_2stage_m'

Can someone help me with this problem?
alexander_p1987

Re: Two-stage reduction to tridiagonal form

Postby alexander_p1987 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 am

Hi again!
Here http://icl.cs.utk.edu/magma/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=787 I found that multi-gpu is not included to v.1.3.0. That could be an answer for my previous post.
alexander_p1987

Return to User discussion