Trouble Compiling Magma on an AMD Cray

Open discussion for MAGMA library (Matrix Algebra on GPU and Multicore Architectures)

Trouble Compiling Magma on an AMD Cray

Postby rsheppar [Ray] » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi All,
I looked for a similar problem previously posted but could not see one. I am trying to build Magma on a Cray XK-7 (CLE5.2,m CudaToolkit 7.0) using the Cray supplied ACML module. I can not get it to read the ACML library. I am in the PrgEnv-gnu environment and have gone as far as putting it explicitly in the compile line. Could Magma (gfortran/gcc) be expecting a 32-bit library? Thanks in advance for helping.
Ray

rsheppar@login2:/N/dc2/projects/ray/br2/magma/magma-2.2.0> make lib
CC -O3 -fPIC -L/opt/acml/5.3.1/gfortran64_mp/lib/libacml_mp.so -DNDEBUG -DADD_ -Wall -fopenmp -DMAGMA_WITH_ACML -s td=c++11 -DHAVE_CUBLAS -DMIN_CUDA_ARCH=200 -I/opt/nvidia/cudatoolkit7.0/7.0.28-1.0502.10742.5.1/include -I/opt/acm l/5.3.1/gfortran64_mp/include -I./include -I./control -c -o control/magma_f77.o control/magma_f77.cpp
control/sizeptr: error while loading shared libraries: libacml_mp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
rsheppar [Ray]

Re: Trouble Compiling Magma on an AMD Cray

Postby rsheppar [Ray] » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:52 am

The folks at Cray discovered a quirk in the module system. The solution is to explicitly export the path to the ACML libraries in an LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable from your .bashrc (or setenv in .cshrc) prior to building. The module's variable setting is somehow getting lost in a subshell.
Ray
rsheppar [Ray]

Re: Trouble Compiling Magma on an AMD Cray

Postby haidar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:49 am

Ray,
Thank you very much for sharing the solution, that's interesting to know.
Azzam
haidar

Return to User discussion