zgeev in clMAGMA

Open discussion for MAGMA library (Matrix Algebra on GPU and Multicore Architectures)

zgeev in clMAGMA

Postby mgates3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:49 pm

[posted on behalf of Vladislav Larionov]

Hello,

if possible I would like some help debugging my clMAGMA installation. My end goal is to run the zgeev subroutine on the GPU.

I (believe I) have installed clBLAS correctly. I have added to my .profile the line "export clBLAS=(location of libclBLAS.dylib -- I also have versions .2. and .2.12.0. in the same directory)". I have also modified the make.inc file in the clmagma-master directory to include the location of clBLAS.

After installing clMAGMA using make, I have added to my .profile the line "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="(location of clmagma_kernels.co)" since the testing routines do not seem to work without it.

I have tried testing the clMAGMA routines using the testing_z...etc routines in the testing directory, but most seem not to work. zgemm (and its variants) seem to work properly, based on the output from testing_zgeem. ztranspose also appears to work, but it outputs the error "invalid kernel -36" multiple times. Routines like zposv, zgeev, sgeev, dsyevd, zgebrd, zswap and zpotrf do not work at all and simply output the error "Trace/BPT trap: 5".

Stack Exchange has suggested that this error is due to a dynamic library not linking properly. Would someone be able to help me identify which library is not linking properly? Alternatively some on this forum have suggested that the testing routines themselves might not work properly. If so, what header files should I include in my c code so that I can test the outputs by comparing to standard LAPACK myself?

I am running Mac OS X version 10.12.6, build 16G29. The machine I am using has two AMD Radeon HD - FirePro D700 Compute Engine devices. I am using clMAGMA 1.3.0 on OpenCL platform 1.2. I have attached the results of installing clBLAS and clMAGMA through make, as well as the outputs from running testing_zgemm and testing_ztranspose.

Best,
Vlad
mgates3

Re: zgeev in clMAGMA

Postby vl0d » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:12 am

Hello,
I am the original poster. I have attached the files referenced in the above post.
Thank you Mark for posting on my behalf.
-Vlad
Attachments
zgemmtest.txt
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
clMAGMAins.txt
(168.91 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
clBLASins.txt
(98.34 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
vl0d

Re: zgeev in clMAGMA

Postby vl0d » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:14 am

Here is the output from testing_ztranspose.
-Vlad
Attachments
ztransposetest.txt
(5.11 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
vl0d

Return to User discussion