How to use magma_dsyevd ?

Open discussion for MAGMA

How to use magma_dsyevd ?

Postby fdahm » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:50 am

Hi everyone,
I've been playing for 2 days with magma 1.0 rc3, linked with Cuda 3.2 and Intel Mkl 11.1.056, i had to modify by hand few sources to got it compiled but his thread helped (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=120)
First of all, i wanted to thank you for your work and for keeping it free to use for everyone.

I've tried to solve an eigen problem with magma. Since my original code was in fortran, i had to modifie magma_df77.cpp and magma_zf77.cpp to be able to call magma_dsyevd and magma_zheevd from it.
It failed in trying to use the double real routine. At beginning, i'vent read properly the comment in it so all my arrays were in double. I encounter some memory trouble which seemed to be linked to the fact magam-dsyevd waits for some complex array.
But, when i put my amatrix and work arrays in complex and call magma_dsevd i can't get my results properly.
with the same arrays, i succeeded when i called zheevd...

Is this known issues and will be fixed before release?
fdahm

Re: How to use magma_dsyevd ?

Postby Stan Tomov » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Hello,
Yes, this was a known issue that has been addressed now. We would post an updated 1.0 release candidates in a few days. There will be updates on the FORTRAN interface as well; hopefully covering what you had to do additionally.
Stan Tomov

Postby Stan Tomov » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Hello,
Yes, this was a known issue that has been addressed now. Thanks for playing with the code and posting this report. We will release the fixes in MAGMA 1.0 RC4 in a few days. There will be also updates on the FORTRAN interface; hopefully covering what you had to do additionally.
Stan Tomov

Postby fletchjp » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Stan

Will there be some release notes with RC4 documenting what has been changed?

Thanks

John
fletchjp

Return to User discussion