Unable to compile backend of Perfometer

Open discussion of PAPI.

Unable to compile backend of Perfometer

Postby gaurav » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:54 pm

I have downloaded PAPI 4.1.2.1 Release from the PAPI site http://icl.cs.utk.edu/papi/custom/index ... 51&slid=69 and installed papi. Later to this i downloaded Perfometer code and GUI from http://icl.cs.utk.edu/papi/custom/index ... 51&slid=70. But when i am compiling backend of Perfometer i am getting error in perfometer.c at line no 156 that * token must be preceded by :,; , actually at this line one pointer variable is defined as

const PAPI_preset_info_t *info
but throughout project i have checked PAPI_preset_info_t is not defined. My question is how to compile backend of perfometer tool.

I am copiling it on linux system(uname -s) and done the changes in Linux.inc for including papi files from the correct folder where all files of papi are kept at.
Please suggest and help.

Thanks in advance,
Gaurav
gaurav

Re: Unable to compile backend of Perfometer

Postby danterpstra » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Perfometer isn't currently being actively supported by the PAPI team. It probably wouldn't take too much to get it working again, but isn't a high priority for us right now. If you want to debug it and submit a patch, we'd be happy to fold your fix into the code base!
danterpstra

Re: Unable to compile backend of Perfometer

Postby gaurav » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 am

Hi danterpstra,

If perfometer is not on high priority then can you please suggest which Tool i can use for monitoring Cpu usage and memory profiling of applications or processes.

I shall try to fix the problem and revert with the patch but in the mean time if u can suggest any graphical tool to monitor the PMCs and TSCs measured using PAPI .It will be better for me if there is a support team for installation and monitor related problems of the suggested tool.

Thanks in advance,
Gaurav
gaurav

Return to General discussion