Support for ARM?

Open discussion of PAPI.

Support for ARM?

Postby awesan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:19 pm

Are there plans to support PAPI on ARM processors on Linux?
awesan
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: Support for ARM?

Postby vweaver1 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:56 pm

awesan wrote:Are there plans to support PAPI on ARM processors on Linux?


Support for ARM Cortex A8 and A9 is available in the current PAPI CVS if you configure with --with-libpfm4.
Support for older CPUs is probably possible (if Linux supoprts it) but would require extra work on the PAPI side.
vweaver1
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Support for ARM?

Postby Papi_user01 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:12 am

I get going on current experiments of configuration and compilation attempts for ARM cross compiling.

Papi version used: 4.1.4 (should be the latest)

We use the cross compiler: codesourcery (arm-none-linux-gnuabi)
Configuration options used:

./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnuabi --with-ffsll --with-walltimer=clock_realtime_hr --with-tls=(?)tls --with-virtualtimer=clock_cputime_id --with-OS=linux --with-CPU=arm --with-lipfm4

We have errors at compile time:

"_papi_hwd_lock/unlock undefined"
and asm error
and "_papi_hwi_my_thread undeclared"

Has anyone an idea of the trouble, and how to fix these errors?
Papi_user01
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:55 am

Re: Support for ARM?

Postby vweaver1 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Papi_user01 wrote:I get going on current experiments of configuration and compilation attempts for ARM cross compiling.

Papi version used: 4.1.4 (should be the latest)

We use the cross compiler: codesourcery (arm-none-linux-gnuabi)
Configuration options used:

./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnuabi --with-ffsll --with-walltimer=clock_realtime_hr --with-tls=(?)tls --with-virtualtimer=clock_cputime_id --with-OS=linux --with-CPU=arm --with-lipfm4

We have errors at compile time:

"_papi_hwd_lock/unlock undefined"
and asm error
and "_papi_hwi_my_thread undeclared"

Has anyone an idea of the trouble, and how to fix these errors?


What type of ARM system are you targeting?

I have not tested ARM with cross compile so things might be broken. Also some of the low-level locking primitives have not been tested well, hence many of the warnings when compiling.
vweaver1
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Support for ARM?

Postby fayindark » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:50 am

vweaver1 wrote:
Papi_user01 wrote:I get going on current experiments of configuration and compilation attempts for ARM cross compiling.

Papi version used: 4.1.4 (should be the latest)

We use the cross compiler: codesourcery (arm-none-linux-gnuabi)
Configuration options used:

./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnuabi --with-ffsll --with-walltimer=clock_realtime_hr --with-tls=(?)tls --with-virtualtimer=clock_cputime_id --with-OS=linux --with-CPU=arm --with-lipfm4

We have errors at compile time:

"_papi_hwd_lock/unlock undefined"
and asm error
and "_papi_hwi_my_thread undeclared"

Has anyone an idea of the trouble, and how to fix these errors?


What type of ARM system are you targeting?

I have not tested ARM with cross compile so things might be broken. Also some of the low-level locking primitives have not been tested well, hence many of the warnings when compiling.


I want to use PAPI on beagleboard. I am not sure if it supports the OMAP3530 or Linux kernel 2.6.32. Anyone knows this?
fayindark
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:03 pm


Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron