The PAPI 4.1.2 release is now available for download. This is a minor release of PAPI-C. It addresses a number of bugs and other issues that have surfaced since the 4.1.1 release. See the software page to download the tarball.
* fixes an issue with overflows in perf_events in which events would continue to count in the overflow handler. This led to saturation at low thresholds and eventual segfaults;
* fixes a bug in multiplexing that caused sporadic segfaults in some circumstances;
* fixes a situation in which perfctr could add uncountable events;
* fixes various locking and forking issues identified by users;
* adds support for Intel Westmere;
* refreshes support for Matlab and freeBSD;
* refreshes the preset event definitions for Intel Nehalem;
along with a variety of code cleanups and enhancements.
This version bump is a recommended upgrade for anyone using PAPI, but if you aren't seeing any problems with your current installation, it is not required.