PAPI 5.4.3 is now available.
This release includes some new implementations of components and tools, some general enhancements, and a number of bug fixes.
- libmsr component: Using LLNL's libmsr library to access Intel RAPL (Running Average Power Limit) library adds power capping abilities to PAPI.
- CUDA PC sampling: A new standalone CUDA sampling tool (papi_cuda_sampling) has been added to the CUDA component (components/cuda/sampling/) and can be used as a preloader to perform PC sampling on Nvidia GPUs which support the CUPTI sampling interface (e.g. Maxwell).
- ARM Cortex A53 support: Event definitions added.
- Added Haswell-EP uncore support
- Initial Broadwell, Skylake support
- Added a general CUDA example (components/cuda/test) that uses LD_PRELOAD to attach to a running CUcontext.
- Added "-check" flag to papi_avail and papi_native_avail to test counter availability/validity, unifying previous flags.
Information about the bug fixes can be found in the release notes and the ChangeLogP543.txt documents.
Last but not least, a special Thank You goes out to all our collaborators and contributors! This project would not be successful without your help!
The PAPI release can be downloaded from http://icl.cs.utk.edu/papi/software.