The incremental PAPI 3.6.1 release is here.
In addition to a handful of important bug fixes, this release also introduces support for SiCortex and Cell processors.
Bugs addressed include:
- an identification problem with some Pentium4 models;
- a fix for overflow support on Intel Core processors;
- better support for fork/exec with overflow and profiling with perfctr and perfmon;
- fixes in Fortran headers for large negative number warnings;
- an alias for PAPI_ENUM_ALL to prevent legacy code from failing.
Further enhancements include:
- default inclusion of the perfmon_events.csv file in the library so events don't get lost;
- proper identification of POWER5+ and 5++ processers using AIX;
- the addition of nanosecond resolution to PAPI timers (where available).
This release is a recommended upgrade for all platforms.
For a summary of changes, read the PAPI 3.6.1 Release Notes
And for installation instructions read the following: Installation Notes