Minor Release, Major Impact
PAPI 5.0.1 is now available both as a tarball and as a patch to the recent 5.0.0 release. We recommend that all users and tools upgrade to this release.
Why, you may ask, are we releasing again so soon after the 5.0 release?
Primarily because we discovered a bug that randomly causes derived PRESET events to be computed incorrectly. This is a small fix with big implications, and was reported by an early PAPI 5.0 user in our bug reports forum. Thank you for helping to improve our package.
While we were at it, we decided to polish a few other less important things as well:
- we updated the libpfm4 library with some Sandy Bridge fixes
- we fixed some problems with the build system and external libpfm4 libraries
- we fixed some event definitions for Intel Ivy Bridge processors
- we updated the CUDA component to support CUDA 5 and Kepler
- we added support for RAPL energy measurement on Ivy Bridge
If you've already installed PAPI 5.0.0, you can download a patch here and apply it to your source code and rebuild the library.
If you'd rather install from a tarball you can use the download link below.
Copyright © 2015 The University of Tennessee. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
· Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
· Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer listed in this license in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
· Neither the name of the copyright holders nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
This software is provided by the copyright holders and contributors "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. in no event shall the copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.