PAPI 5.1.0 Ready for Download
Well, it's really PAPI 188.8.131.52, but who's counting?
A few final last minute fixes caused us to bump the version number, just to keep the source code repository happy.
We added support for PAPI on the Intel Xeon Phi processor, aka MIC or KNC or Knight's Corner. PAPI cross-compiles on the host and runs on the MIC. Note that this currently requires a kernel patch to the MIC kernel. Details can be found in INSTALL.txt.
We also added a new component to measure power usage on MIC cards. This is a native MIC-based component that provides a selection of power, current and voltage measures.
PAPI now supports measuring uncore events on Intel Sandy Bridge processors, which requires support for a new domain: PAPI_DOM_SUPERVISOR to measure events at the system level.
We added a new API, PAPI_get_eventset_component, which returns the component index of a given eventset and is parallel to the PAPI_get_event_component call introduced in PAPI 5.0.
We improved the papi_command_line utility to print output in a variety of formats, and to display event units if they're available.
Other changes and enhancements include:
- Various build system fixes.
- NVML component fixes.
- ARM Cortex A15 support.
- Enhanced doxygen formatting for html pages.
- and a host of miscellaneous bug fixes.
Copyright © 2014 The University of Tennessee. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
· Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
· Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer listed in this license in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
· Neither the name of the copyright holders nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
This software is provided by the copyright holders and contributors "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. in no event shall the copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.