PAPI 5.4.3 release
PAPI 5.4.3 is now available.
This release includes some new implementations of components and tools, some general enhancements, and a number of bug fixes.
- libmsr component: Using LLNL's libmsr library to access Intel RAPL (Running Average Power Limit) library adds power capping abilities to PAPI.
- CUDA PC sampling: A new standalone CUDA sampling tool (papi_cuda_sampling) has been added to the CUDA component (components/cuda/sampling/) and can be used as a preloader to perform PC sampling on Nvidia GPUs which support the CUPTI sampling interface (e.g. Maxwell).
- ARM Cortex A53 support: Event definitions added.
- Added Haswell-EP uncore support
- Initial Broadwell, Skylake support
- Added a general CUDA example (components/cuda/test) that uses LD_PRELOAD to attach to a running CUcontext.
- Added "-check" flag to papi_avail and papi_native_avail to test counter availability/validity, unifying previous flags.
Information about the bug fixes can be found in the release notes and the ChangeLogP543.txt documents.
Last but not least, a special Thank You goes out to all our collaborators and contributors! This project would not be successful without your help!
Copyright © 2017 The University of Tennessee. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
· Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
· Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer listed in this license in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
· Neither the name of the copyright holders nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
This software is provided by the copyright holders and contributors "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. in no event shall the copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.