Is there an installer under Windows with Intel C complier?

Open forum for general discussions relating to PLASMA.

Is there an installer under Windows with Intel C complier?

Postby honestman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:53 am

Dear Developer,

I like to use PLASMA for my Windows application.Do you have an installer for Windows platform with Intel C compiler, or provide a guide to build in Windows with Intel compiler?
Thanks,

Honestman :) :?:
honestman

Re: Is there an installer under Windows with Intel C complie

Postby mateo70 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Sorry for the late answer, there is no installer for windows. We just provide the binaries.
Mathieu
mateo70

Postby Dave_F » Fri May 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Aren't the supplied binaries a few versions old? It would be nice to be able to build the latest source code in the Windows environment, so that users could a) have the latest version, b) use their choice of compiler and libraries, and c) build their own debug version in order to gain a better understanding of what is going on. Since the Windows version is buildable, perhaps someone could point us to the script or command used to build that code, with the implicit assumption that we'd need to modify it to fit our particular configuration.
Dave_F

Postby Dave_F » Fri May 11, 2012 10:36 am

Nevermind ... I downloaded the entire source and found the PLASMA CMAKE Build Notes in the docs directory, which includes notes on how to build PLASMA in Windows environments. Thought I'd mention this in the Forum, since it doesn't seem to mentioned elsewhere on the site.
Dave_F

Postby yarkhan » Fri May 11, 2012 11:00 am

The Windows CMake build process is out of out of date. You will probably have problems getting it to compile the current release.
If you do not need the functions provided by the newer PLASMA releases, I would suggest using the older binary release.
We will update the Windows CMake build as soon as we can.
Regards,
Asim
yarkhan

Return to User discussion