Configuring installer to create shared object (.so) files

Open forum for general discussions relating to PLASMA.

Configuring installer to create shared object (.so) files

Postby dhrubo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi, this is my first post on the forum.

I was wondering if someone could provide me some guidance as to how to modify the PLASMA installer 2.4.5 python scripts so that it creates shared libraries (.so files) rather than .a files?

My goal is to feed a very large matrix that I need to factorize from Matlab into PLASMA. In other words, I am trying to create a mex file that would call the routine PLASMA_dsytrd, but apparently mex demands that all libraries must be generated from position-independent code.

Any comments or advice appreciated! :)

Regards,
Dhrubo

Feb 19, 2012 EDIT: Okay, I was able to mex with the lib*.a files, so no need for shared libraries. The "trick" was to list the required PLASMA and BLAS libraries AFTER specifying the C file to be mexed, i.e. something like the following (I'm using MKL BLAS):

mex my_dsyev.c -ldl -I/home/djyoti/plasma-installer_2.4.5/install/include -L/home/djyoti/plasma-installer_2.4.5/install/lib -lplasma -lcoreblas -lquark -L/home/djyoti/plasma-installer_2.4.5/install/lib -lcblas -L/home/djyoti/plasma-installer_2.4.5/install/lib -llapacke -L/home/djyoti/plasma-installer_2.4.5/install/lib -ltmg -llapack -Wl,--start-group /afs/northstar/common/apps/intel/mkl/10.1.1.019/lib/em64t/libmkl_gf_lp64.a /afs/northstar/common/apps/intel/mkl/10.1.1.019/lib/em64t/libmkl_sequential.a /afs/northstar/common/apps/intel/mkl/10.1.1.019/lib/em64t/libmkl_core.a -Wl,--end-group -lpthread -lm
Last edited by dhrubo on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhrubo

Return to User discussion