PLASMA 2.8.0 has been release. It integrates:
- Fix a synchronization problem in STEDC functions
- Reduce the amount of computation performed in UNGQR/UNGLQD family routines by taking advantage of the Identity structure. It is not anymore required to initialize the Q to identity before calling those functions.
- New routines PLASMA_[sdcz]lascal[_Tile[_Async]], similar to Scalapack p[sdcz]lascal, to scale a matrix by a constant factor. This function does not handle numerical overflow/underflow as zlascl from Lapack
- New routines PLASMA_[sdcz]geadd[Tile[_Async]], and PLASMA[sdcz]tradd[_Tile[_Async]], similar to Scalapack p[sdcz]geadd, and p[sdcz]tradd to add two general, or trapezoidal, matrices together.
- Add functions to the API in order to give the opportunity to users to mix submission to the Quark runtime system of asynchronous Plasma calls and personal kernels
- Update Lapacke interface to 3.6.0
- Bug fix on Frobenius norm
- Add a missing check on descriptors alignment with tiles that may cause unreported trouble to user using sub-descriptors, especially with recursive algorithms.
All files are available for download in the Software section of the PLASMA site.