PAPI 5.2.0 Now Available
This release represents a major overhaul of the component build and test architecture. We've also modified several components to disable themselves at initializaton if the proper libraries or hardware is not available. This makes configuration and distribution of PAPI much easier on heterogenous architectures.
We've also added inital support for Intel Haswell and Power 8 architectures, and moved processor support code to the components directory.
A new component allows measurement of MIC power consumption from the host processor. This complements the earlier component that read MIC power from within native MIC code.
We added a new API to the High Level Interface:
PAPI_epc() measures the rate per cycle of any event, not just instructions or flops. It also provides reference cycles and core cycles where supported, to allow you to calibrate for clock rate changes within a processor. See the man page for details.
The papi_native_avail utility now supports "include" (-i) and "exclude" (-x) filters to more easily display a subset of event names from a potentially large list. See the man page for more information.
- Component tests are now included with install-tests make target.
- Components with external library dependencies load them at runtime allowing better distribution (infiniband, cuda, vmware, nvml and host-side micpower)
- Perf_events, perfctr[_ppc] and perfmon2[_ia64] have been moved under the components directory
- (Intel) Uncore support has been split into its own component
- Lustre component better handles large numbers of filesystems
And there's more details on these changes in the file ChangeLogP520.txt inside the PAPI tarball.
Copyright © 2015 The University of Tennessee. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
· Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
· Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer listed in this license in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
· Neither the name of the copyright holders nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
This software is provided by the copyright holders and contributors "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. in no event shall the copyright owner or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.