public class Dposv
- extends java.lang.Object
Following is the description from the original
Fortran source. For each array argument, the Java
version will include an integer offset parameter, so
the arguments may not match the description exactly.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
* DPOSV computes the solution to a real system of linear equations
* A * X = B,
* where A is an N-by-N symmetric positive definite matrix and X and B
* are N-by-NRHS matrices.
* The Cholesky decomposition is used to factor A as
* A = U**T* U, if UPLO = 'U', or
* A = L * L**T, if UPLO = 'L',
* where U is an upper triangular matrix and L is a lower triangular
* matrix. The factored form of A is then used to solve the system of
* equations A * X = B.
* UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1
* = 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored;
* = 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored.
* N (input) INTEGER
* The number of linear equations, i.e., the order of the
* matrix A. N >= 0.
* NRHS (input) INTEGER
* The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns
* of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0.
* A (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDA,N)
* On entry, the symmetric matrix A. If UPLO = 'U', the leading
* N-by-N upper triangular part of A contains the upper
* triangular part of the matrix A, and the strictly lower
* triangular part of A is not referenced. If UPLO = 'L', the
* leading N-by-N lower triangular part of A contains the lower
* triangular part of the matrix A, and the strictly upper
* triangular part of A is not referenced.
* On exit, if INFO = 0, the factor U or L from the Cholesky
* factorization A = U**T*U or A = L*L**T.
* LDA (input) INTEGER
* The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,N).
* B (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDB,NRHS)
* On entry, the N-by-NRHS right hand side matrix B.
* On exit, if INFO = 0, the N-by-NRHS solution matrix X.
* LDB (input) INTEGER
* The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N).
* INFO (output) INTEGER
* = 0: successful exit
* < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value
* > 0: if INFO = i, the leading minor of order i of A is not
* positive definite, so the factorization could not be
* completed, and the solution has not been computed.
* .. External Functions ..
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Object
clone, equals, finalize, getClass, hashCode, notify, notifyAll, toString, wait, wait, wait
public static void dposv(java.lang.String uplo,