About LAPACKE LAPACK_DISABLE_NAN_CHECK

Open discussion regarding features, bugs, issues, vendors, etc.

About LAPACKE LAPACK_DISABLE_NAN_CHECK

Postby jgpallero » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:24 am

Hello:

I'm starting to use the lapacke interface and I've read and I've seen in the code that the NAN checking in the high level interface is implemented via a definition in lapacke.h, so this feature only can be activated/deactivated at compiling (of LAPACKE time)

I suggest it could be better to manage this feature with environment variables. For example something also LAPACK_NAN_CHECK. If the user sets (or not creates) the environment variable and/or puts its value != as 0, the NAN chech is performed. Otherwise, not. And in order to So the only way to deactivate the NAN ckecking could be export LAPACK_DISABLE_NAN_CHECK=0 explicitly. I think in this way LAPACKE becomes more flexible.

The function getenv for get environment variables conforming to the standards SVr4, POSIX.1-2001, 4.3BSD, C89 and C99, so all moders compilers must work.

Is this forum the correct place to suggest this idea

Cheers
jgpallero

Re: About LAPACKE LAPACK_DISABLE_NAN_CHECK

Postby Julien Langou » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi jgpallero, thanks for the suggestion about controlling NaN check in LAPACK through environment variable! Definitely an option to consider. Not sure anything will be done any time soon about it though. Cheers, Julien.
Julien Langou

Return to User Discussion